- Tattoo (2005), for piano solo; commissioned by the Indiana Music Teachers Association and the Music Teachers National Association; ca. 6 min. pdf, mp3
- Schmücke dich (2001), chorale prelude for organ; ca. 2 min. pdf
- Sonata for Solo Viola (2000), commissioned by Harold Levin; ca. 8 min.
- Four Rituals (1999), for 5-octave marimba solo, 12' 35" total; Published by JoMar Press, Daleville, Ind.
- Sestina (1999), organ solo, 25 min. pdf, mp3
- Étude and Fantasy for Dilling Harp (1997), commissioned by Jocelyn Chang, 8 min.
Instrumental Chamber Music:
- Endangered Species (2003), six miniatures for French horn and cello; ca. 9 min. pdf, mp3
- The Far Shores of the Day (2002), for trombone choir (9 trombones), 6' 30"
- Duo for Two Violas (2002), ca. 15 min. total photograph of stage set-up, mp3
- Incidental Music for Children of a Lesser God (2001), for flute, percussion, and keyboards; ca. 11 min.
- Variations on a Poem by Rai Peterson (1999), for viola and piano; ca. 16 min., performance with reading of the poem ca. 45 min. text, pdf, mp3
- Nine by Nine (1992), for nine players
- Nocturnal (1992), for clarinet and two percussionists, 4'40"
- All That Is Solid (1991), for eight players
- Shepard’s Dance [Chamber Piece No. 2] (1991), for woodwinds, marimba & piano, rev. for string quartet, marimba, and piano (1998), 6'45"
- Three movements for Two Pianos (1990)
- Interjacence (1987, rev. 1992), for flute and piano, 5'10"
- Triple Play (2004), for orchestra, 6' 30"
- In Time of Silver Rain (1998), commissioned by East Central Indiana Youth Symphony Orchestra; ca. 9 min.
- All That Is Solid (1991), revision for orchestra (2004) 14' 30"
- As Kingfishers (2006), for tenor voice and guitar; commissioned by Suzanne Miller
- Within my Garden (2005), for mezzo-soprano, viola and piano; commissioned by Kathleen Maurer and Philip Tietze, 10' 30"text, pdf, mp3
- Ashes (2002), song setting for soprano and piano, 3' 30" text, pdf, mp3
- Tempest Songs (1997), commissioned by Tennessee Stage Company, “East Tennessee Shakespeare in the Park” text
- Winter Remembered (1992, rev. 1996), for mezzo-soprano, violin, and piano, commissioned by the Poetry Center of Cleveland State University; ca. 7 min. text, mp3
- Three Songs (1988), for soprano and string quartet text
- People, Look East (2006), arranged for SATB choir and piano text
- Easter Carol (2006), arranged for SATB choir and piano
- Our Vision Growing (2006), arranged for SATB choir, violin, and piano text, pdf
- Summon Hope for Sophia (2005), arranged for SATB choir and piano text, pdf
- The Hammer of Los (2005), an oratorio for baritone solo, mixed choir, and piano trio; commissioned by the Ball State University chapter of Mu Phi Epsilon; ca. 33 min. text, pdf, mp3
- Bread and Roses (2005), arranged for SATB choir and piano text, pdf
- Amazing Grace (2003), arranged for SATB choir and piano text, pdf
- Love Will Guide Us (2001), arranged, with additional words and music, for SATB choir and piano; ca. 5' 15" text, pdf
- Paddle Your Own Canoe (2000), for SSA choir and piano; ca. 4 min.—winner of the Indianapolis Women’s Chorus competition, February 2000 text, pdf